Presenting a great Epson printer, model WF-7720 for best performance in its class. Looking for a real sublimation printer? This is the printer you may find an excellent choice.
We all know the brand Epson. In this context the Epson is an absolute leader, end this WF 7720 delivers all you may wish for sublimation printing.
Before I go with Epson WF-7720 review, let’s see technical specifications.
Epson WorkForce 7720 Technical Specifications
Printing Technology: PrecisionCore 2S print head 4-color inkjet
Max Print Resolution: 4800 x 2400 dpi
ISO Print Speed: Black: 18 ISO ppm†, Color: 10 ISO ppm†
2-Sided ISO Print Speed: Black: 8.7 ISO ppm†, Color: 6.0 ISO ppm†
Minimum Ink Droplet Size: 3 droplet sizes, as small as 2.8 picoliters
Temperature: Operating: 50° to 95°F (10° to 35°C), Storage: -4° to 104°F (-20° to 40°C)
Humidity Operating: 20-80% RH
Humidity Storage: 5-85% RH (no condensation)
Dimensions Printing: 22.3″ x 32.2″ x 16.5″
Dimensions Storage: 22.3″ x 19.1″ x 16.5″
Product Weight: 40.8 lb
The WF-7720 printer weighs close to 41 lbs. On the front, you have a control panel with a 4.3” color touchscreen. For a printer that supports wide-format printing, it’s quite large. This printer won’t fit on a small desk and will require a strong base to support it.
Epson WF-7720 Connectivity
Epson WF-7720 has several ways to connect with it. No matter what are your requirements, the Epson WorkForce 7720 probably supports it.
You can connect by using:
- Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or USB: You can easily connect your computer, laptop, or mobile devices using Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or USB.
- NFC (Near Field Communication): WF-7720 supports NFC protocol, which means that you can print or scan documents by just touching your device to the dedicated spot for NFC on the front of this printer.
- USB Pen Drives: Epson WorkForce 7720 allows you to print a document directly from your USB drive. Not only print from the USB, but you can also scan a document and save it onto your drive.
- Epson Connect Suite: Epson Connect is basically a suite of mobile apps for Android and Apple iOS. The apps include Epson Remote Print, Epson Email Print, and Epson iPrint. You can find these apps on the respective app stores of both operating systems. The printer also supports third-party apps such as Google Cloud Print and Apple AirPrint. So you are not limited to just the Epson app ecosystem.
Epson WorkForce WF-7720 Review
By writing this post I want to go with a detailed Epson WF-7720 review. I’m going to help you decide if this printer is the best choice, depending on what you’ll use it for.
With a WF-7720 review, I’ll cover all the features of the printer and explain them. I’ll focus on the WF-7720 sublimation printer feature.
Continue reading this WF-7720 review and find out how good is this Epson sublimation printer.
By choosing this printer, you’ll get a professional device for cheap. Get your business running with a low starting costs.
What is Sublimation?
First of all, let’s understand what sublimation printing is. What technology hides in this term ‘sublimation‘?
Simply said, sublimation is a physical process when a solid material converts into a gas without passing through the liquid state. In this particular case, sublimation printing is the process where heat is used to transfer the ink onto fabric or some other material. These printers we call sublimation printer, and Epson WF-7720 is along with the best.
Epson WF-7720 Sublimation Printer
Epson uses special ink, which is why it is the preferred model for T-shirt printing. Not only for T-shirt printing, with this Epson WF-7720 you can transfer graphics to all kinds of surfaces.
With specially designed ink, you can easily transfer graphics from an appropriate paper to the fabric or material.
How this sublimation process is done? The first step is printing a design onto a special paper. Then paper positioning follows and ink heating. When heated, the ink turning into gas and penetrate onto the fabric or material. This way you can transfer detailed design without quality loss.
Note: A standard ink can’t be used for sublimation printing. You need to order a specially designed Epson ink for the purpose.
There are a few sublimation printing benefits you need to know about
By using sublimation printing:
- you’ll get permanent effects
- less fading
- design won’t peel
- design won’t crack or wash away
For all these benefits, sublimation printing is favorite among businesses, especially those who rely on a small number of orders and those looking for detailed printing.
A specially Designed Ink For Sublimation Printing
The default ink that comes in the package with the Epson printer is not suitable for sublimation printing. To use sublimation printing you’ll have to purchase a special sublimation ink. A suitable sublimation printing ink for Epson WF-7720 can be ordered on Amazon.
To go with a sublimation printing, using your Epson WorkForce 7720 you will have to purchase this conversion kit also.
Don’t worry, it is still cheap for all the work you can do.
Cheap Hardware For Sublimation Printing
The WF-7720 is one of the cheapest printers comparing to other sublimation printers out there. Even after purchasing a conversion kit and special sublimation ink, you’ll get a deal. This makes the Epson printer an affordable option.
No matter if you’re a pro, or just getting started in sublimation printing, the Epson WF-7720 is a great sublimation printer to choose from.
Epson WF-7720 Sublimation Printer Video Review
Before I continue, please watch this video. In the video, you can see unboxing a printer, initial setup, and adding cartridges.
Things You’ll Need To Start Sublimation Printing Business
Things you’ll need beforehand:
- The Epson WF-7720 printer
- Special sublimation ink
- Sublimation Paper
- The fabric or material you want to print on
How To Start Printing?
Steps To Start Sublimation Printing:
- remove all the previously installed cartridges (regular ink)
- fill the refillable cartridges with the sublimation ink and install them in the printer
- do a print head cleanings, to be sure that the previous inks have been removed completely
- you can start sublimation printing
- use a special paper for sublimation and then transfer the design onto your fabric or material using a heat press